Sunday, July 12, 2015

The Death of Tiburcia Casares in 1826

It is never exciting to come across a death record of a young mother.

I recently blogged about clipping a branch from my tree as I had begun thinking I was on the wrong track for my 3rd Great Grandfather, Juan de Dios Gonzalez.[1]  I found some additional records of a person I already had in my tree but under just the name “Juan” Gonzalez.  When I started coming across records that referred to him as “Juan de Dios”, I realized there was another candidate for my 3th g-grandfather.  This new Juan I have been looking at is a 1st cousin 1x removed from the first Juan.

This Juan, like the first Juan I was fixated on, was also married. He married Tiburcia Casares, the 15-year-old daughter of Ramon Casares and Ignacia Mendez on 12 February 1809.[2]  At this writing, I have found records that they subsequently had a least 2 sons, one who died when he was 12 years old. 

In order for this Juan de Dios to be a good candidate, I thought it was important to prove that his wife Tiburcia, died prior to the suggested birth year of 1841 of my 2nd g-grandfather, Nestor Gonzalez. 

Unfortunately for Tiburcia, I found a record for her burial on 29 January 1826.   She was just 32 years old.[3] 


The possibility of this Juan de Dios being my 3rd g-grandfather just increased slightly.


1 comment:

  1. Best wishes as you sort out your Juan's! It's tough when there are two or more candidates. Have you looked into finding descendants of these two Juan's and comparing your DNA?

    And, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Happy hunting to you, too!

    ReplyDelete