Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Cleaning My Tree

When I first started this project, my aunt on my mother's side, gave me a lot of her previous research. Amongst the documents were many birth and death records she had retrieved from various record offices when she visited England.

In my overzealous state to "digitize everything" I scanned them on my home scanner.  The problem is my scanner bed was too small for many of the older records.  It would cut some of the edges off. At the time this obviously didn't concern me too much.  I just loaded up in my tree.

This is the record of my great uncle Albert's death in 1937.   As you can see the right edge is cut off.

I decided that this just wasn't good.  As I have mentioned before, I have been spending more time lately cleaning up my tree rather than adding to it.  So, I went to the local office store and handed over a stack of oversized documents and had them scanned.  Here is the difference.

Much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment